GOD IS LOVE. CRAZY, RELENTLESS, ALL-POWERFUL LOVE.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Preface/Chapter One-Post #1

Hey girls! Hope you have enjoyed your first few weeks of summer, and the beginning of our book Crazy Love. I wanted to remind you that there is a link on the blog of the chapter videos and highly recommend that you watch those as you enter in to each chapter.

We have read in the preface and beginning of chapter 1 about how big our God really is and Chan invites us to stop and think about Creation in regards to his love towards us. He explains to us that in order to fully know Him and love him we need to be reminded of some of His attributes-"He is holy, eternal, all-knowing, all powerful, fair and just." That loving Him sometimes seems hard and it shouldn't be. So to start off this discussion I want you to think about what is your view of God? Who is he to you personally and then I want you to think about a time where you have experienced the "awe" factor of God.

In your life right now, what is your view of God? Who is He to you personally and has there every been a time where you have experienced this "awe" factor of our Creator that Chan writes about?

I hope that this book challenges you in ways you have not been challenged spiritually and that you allow change to take place. As Chan says, "Change, as we all know is uncomfortable. It is up to you to respond to what you read. But you will have a choice: to adjust how you live daily or stay the same."


For the next post: June 22nd, read chapters 2 and 3
Because there is so much within each chapter for us to absorb, take your time as you read. You might want to go back and re-read a chapter. Take the time to let the information soak in and really be receptive to what the Lord is trying to teach us through Crazy Love. See ya' back in a few weeks!

32 comments:

  1. To me personally, God is my creator who knows more about me than even I do. He is the one that I have to lean on for help and guidance. God is the only one that can fulfill my every need. A time that i have experienced the "awe" factor of our Creator is when i went to the chimney's at the Smoky Mountains in Knoxville. We hiked for what seemed like forever and finally reached the top of a HUGE mountain. At the tip was this big rock that you could climb up and sit on to look out at the view. I could see miles of just beautiful hills and trees and it looked like it never ended. It amazed me that God could create such a big world so perfectly. It provides everything that we could need to live. All in all, God still amazes me with everything that he does. He sacrificed his only son just for us, which shows how much he really cares about us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. To me God is my Father in Heaven that is always there for me. He created me, and never has nor will stop loving me. He is someone I can always talk to no matter the situation or time of day. He has done many miracles for me and my family that I could not have imagined. The time I really experienced the awe factor of God is when I was on my cruise on October of '08. I was up early one morning and was on the top of the 15 deck ship and saw the beautiful mountains of Labadee, Haiti. I have never seen something so beautiful, yet on the inside past the gates of the beautiful beaches was poverty. The mountains made me realize what an awesome God we serve that made things like these to enjoy, but also what an amazing God we serve that even those poverty-stricken people praise Him and sing to Him as they are walking down the streets.(My friends told me they do this). I still complain to Him about life not being fair, but He has given me much more than I deserve and I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me, God is someone who is always there for me, especially when I don't realize it. He sends me extremely hard paths to take sometimes, but he provides the right shoes to conquer it. It doesn't always seem like what he is doing in my life is right for ME, what I want, or what will make everything work out for ME, but deep down I know that it will all be worth it in the end. Seeing what he does for me in my everyday life, what he has blessed me with, and the hidden blessings he has given me is an "awe factor" in itself, but there has been another time where I have seen it literally. My family went on a vacation to the North Carolina mountains in the summer of '09. We hiked a four and a half hour hike in the heat which was miserable, but when we got the the top, I was stopped in my tracks. At the top there was a huge rock that we sat on and looked out all around us. There were valleys and mountains and nature surrounding us from every direction. All I could do was stare at the magnificant creation by God. Seeing all this just reminded me of God's almighty powers and love for me, because I have been greatly blessed in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, God is my Father and Comforter. It is said that your parents know most or more about you than even yourself. So if I take that and apply that to my heavenly Father who created me, that saying is all the more true. He knows what I'm going to do, think, or say before I do, think, or say it. God being my Father is also like Him being my Comforter. There is nothing better than running to someone and literally feeling their arms wrap around you to give you a sense of peace. This is what I feel when I run to God, even though he is not a tangible being. I've experienced the "awe factor" while driving through Appalachin State and being able to see Grandfather Mountain. I love how God carefully sculpted the mountainside to look like a profile. This just reminds me of how great God is and how unfailing his love is for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To me God is my helper, friend, father, lover, teacher, and comforter. He is someone that I can talk to anytime, anywhere. He is someone who loves me without failure. He can see stuff in me that I cannot. He is always there for me. A time when I was in awe with God was when it flooded in TN. It was amazing how much it flooded in a short time. Also that water could cause so much damage to TN. It show a little of God's power. It reminded me that God can bring good out of bad. People came together to help out and it was amazing how any people cared and help the ones who were hurt by the flood. The flood showed God’s power in nature and his love thru people. I was in awe of God during and after the flood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God is my Father, best friend, and comforter. I am confident that I can come to him with anything that is bothering me and I know that he will solve my problems in the best way possible. It's amazing to know that I have a Creator who loves me unconditionally and knows every detail about me. A time when I was especially in awe of God was actually last week. My friend Madison and I volunteered to serve at a summer camp in Nashville for African refugee children that had to move from their homes in Africa to here in the United States. It was one of the most amazing experiences to get to know each of the children and build relationships with them. I was so amazed at how God was using and working through us to bless each of the children and change their lives forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. For me, God is my Heavenly father who love me even when I dont deserve it. He know me better them anyone else, even me. He care about me more then any one else. He love me so much that he sent is only son to save me. One time I was in awe with God is when my Family went on a walk in Gatlinburg, TN. We walk a trail for a good while till we came to a awesome water fall, I saw a wonderful in his creation. He is powerful because with one word he spoke it there. Wow with just a word, that is power. That is just one time that I was awe with God!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. To me God is the Creator of Heaven and earth.I can count on him for anything. When i am in a tough situation or am "down" i worry about who i can tell or who i can trust and i know that i can trust God. Sometimes i question why God is doing something or why he is putting me in a specific situation but as i start to dig deeper into his word i realize that i should not question him and he is ultimately in control. Honestly, sometimes it is really hard to trust him and believe he is in control but i do my best to try and trust and believe in him. I visit my family in Naples, Florida about every couple months and every time i experience the "awe factor". I visit the ocean almost every time and i am in awe every time. I am in awe when i see how far and wide the ocean is and that the God who loves me and has chosen me created this. How can you tell me that there is no God when i can physically show you what God has created? It is absolutely AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  9. At this time in my spiritual walk, I see God as a true friend and compassionate father. I can go to for anything and everything, always receiving perfect and beneficial advice. Other friends and important people in your life can let you down and leave you feeling lonely or rejected, but God is my rock and foundation. He is the friend that stands beside you through everything, even standing for you when you don’t have the strength. He is the father that protects you against everything, willing to give His own life for yours (in the form of His son, Jesus). God picks you up when you’re at your end and places you in the deep abyss of His genuinely passionate love. Your selfish, pathetic, sinful life shouldn’t mean anything to the Lord, and yet He loves you with an unfailing love. One of the times when I truly experienced God was last year, when I felt farther away from God than ever. I was going through a mix of emotions that pulled me father and farther away from Him, and at times I almost felt completely separated from Him. Once I realized that I truly needed Him, I thought it might have been too late, but God had a different plan. He saved me from myself, pulling me further and further back into His love. As Romans 8:38-39 says, “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord”. I came to fully believe this. There is NOTHING that can separate you from the love of God.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To me, God is our almighty savior and our Lord Jesus Christ. God always loves me no matter what. Personally to me he is friend and is always there for me in our times of need, even thought we don't deserve it. I was in "awe" with God one time when i was in Destin, Florida and i saw the most beautiful sunset. This shows how much God loves each and everyone of us. He created this stunning scene for everyone to see. Just like in Psalms 68:19, which says "19 Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Selah." This illustrates that God loves us and bears our burdens everyday. This also shows how BIG God is!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I view God right now as my creator and father. He is a big God and has created ever little detail. And He understands everything he has made. He is the glorious one, and He calls us to worship him, and He is worthy of it. He is who He is.
    I have experienced the “awe” factor of God before. Chan said that it took him going to a third world country to discover it, and that is what it took me. I realized how big and glorious our God is when I entered Uganda. There was little to no distraction and I tried to keep all focus on my Creator and loving his people. I could see him almost everywhere I looked.

    ReplyDelete
  12. To me, Jesus Christ is my Savior. His almighty power and might scare me; however, he is comforting, loving, and my father. Personally, he is my motivation and in everything I do I try to glorify God through it. I have experienced the "awe" factor of God many times in my life and every time it brings me closer to my heavenly father. One specific time was when I went to Jamaica. The Ocean was clear as pool water and you could see brightly colored fish swimming along the bottom. It was so beautiful and showed me the creativity and care he put toward every single thing he created. These creations could not occur through chance, and God's overwhelming love was evident in Jamaica.

    ReplyDelete
  13. To me God is my savior, my protector, my king, and my best friend all in one. Last week, I was at a camp in the mountains of California with my dad, and they really focused in on how through God's amazing power he shows amazing love. Even me being alive today points to his immense love. One of the more recent times I've experienced the awe factor of God was when we were at a place called Sugar Creek. The waterfalls there are amazing and there are big rocks everywhere you can sit on. Watching the water in all in power reminded me of how powerful God is and how his love is the river of life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. To me, God is the One who will love me when I least deserve it, be there for me when I need it most, and always pick me up no matter how many times I fall. I have experienced his almighty power over and over again throughout my lifetime, especially on my trip to Uganda/Kenya, Africa last spring break. It was required that we depend more on God, and less on our human capabilities, due to the lack of resources that we were all used to having available to us everyday in America. It was also revealed when we visited Bujagali Falls. Just to sit there and think that the same God that created this beautiful, massive waterfall is the same God that created and loves me and thinks that I'M beautiful is a reminder how amazing he is and his love for me.

    ReplyDelete
  15. For me, God is like the ultimate friend we could ever have. He listens, answers, understands, and forgives. Also, he would NEVER hurt and only wants the best for us. He is a dependable source for help and guidance. His love is eternal and to me, is greater than any love we could ever experience here on earth. Its a great feeling, knowing that he is with us all the time. One huge thing God is to me is a comforter. He gives me a since of peace when i really focus on him. I just love knowing that God supports me no matter what, and will never leave me even if i mess up extremely bad. I have experienced many "awe" factors relating to God but one is on my mind right now because it recently happened. One of my friends sister just recently had a baby and i got to hold the baby as a new born. I know its a simple thing, and we have all seen plenty of babies but to hold a new born is a very emotional experience. I was in awe of the little bitty toes, hands, and ears. Right then in my mind i thought "How could someone doubt God when things such as a new born is made" Of course i doubt God, but right then there was not a doubt in my mind about God. For, all I could think about was the wonderful human that was just brought to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Right now in my life I like to think of God as my best friend. I tell Him everything even though I know that He already knows everything that I'm thinking and feeling. God is always there for me like a best friend should be and he has carried me through the hard times. He never leaves my side and he gives me what I need but not necessarily what I want. I have experienced the awe factor of God but in a different way than others. In this year I have seen giant earthquakes, a flood, the death of a girl in my church's youth group, and the deaths of my friends' parents. The way that I see the awe factor of God is watching Him save lives and take them, pull people out of the dirt darkness and showing them the light. For me the awe factor of God comes from watching Him save those who are broken. He truly is always there for His people

    ReplyDelete
  17. God to me right now is like my big brother. He is someone who is always there for me and is willing to go to extremes to keep me safe. God has sacrificed everything for me; his son, his creations, and so much more. Everyday I wake up and notice something new that God has created. It is amazing to think how many days you have been alive and that each one of those days you have learned or seen something new. God feels like a big brother to me, because no matter what I try to hide from him or try to avoid him at times because of my busy schedule he is still by my side, all-knowing and all-powerful. He loves me even when he knows I have screwed up big time. Last year while I was visiting my brother in Peru with my sister and Dad i experienced the "awe" factor. We had stopped for lunch while hiking the Inca Trail and me and my brother began to walk around and ended up climbing a huge rock and sat at the edge of the rock, and looked out cross the mountains. We could see everything, the snow capped mountains, the grassy valleys, streams, and all the ancient buildings. At this moment it hit me, I realized how amazing God is and how beautiful his creation is. He handcrafted each mountain, stream, valley, cloud, and snowflake. God is extraordinary and has given up everything and all he asks in return is simply to be loved and for us to love him and his creation.

    ReplyDelete
  18. God represents so many things to me. He is the only one I can fully rely on. He is always there for me and never forsakes me. God is the ultimate lover. He gives me unconditional love when I do not deserve it. He lifts me up when I am troubled. He gives me quiet encouragement as well as forgiveness. He has done so much for me that I could not even put into words. And I repay him by not spending time with him and disappointing him through my actions. My prayer is that I can grow in him and become the strong Christian he wants me to be. Many say that in order for you to be fully connected with God, you must clearly hear his voice. However, I have not understood God's voice, but I have felt his presence a few times. During worship is the main time that I can feel God and grasp a clear picture in my head. I know that God is always with me, and that he tells us that he will never forsake us is so incredibly comforting to me. I hope to become closer to him and grow in my faith.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Through my walk with God, I have personally titled God as a best friend. He walks with me through anything and everything. Through thick and thin, He is there whenever I need Him. He has sacrificed everything so that I can live, and I am realizing how the world is taking advantage of Him. We go about our days, forgetting what our purpose is. Although God is occasionally forgotten, I do know that he is always there for me. One night on the way home from a basketball camp, I looked outside and gazed at the amazing stars that Nashville has been missing. In that moment I recognized the “awe” factor of God and how amazing He really is. He amazes me everyday, even when I don’t know it is Him. Little things like this make me realize how fortunate I am to be serving such an amazing best friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. To me, God is my rock and Savior. He is always there to protect me when I'm scared, listen to me when I most need him, and well just always being there for me no matter what. I don't know what I would do without God in my life because he is like my best friend. I tell him everything; like what to do if I'm having a bad day or just whatever I feel like telling him. He always gives me strength if I'm feeling weak. I thank him everyday for letting me live and having a good family, and just being so fortunate with what I have and where I live. Also, everyday I'm amazed by his wonderful works and his creation on this earth. I am very lucky to be praising such an AWESOME Lord. Thank you God!

    ReplyDelete
  21. To me, God is everything. He is my best friend, my King, my Savior, and my God. HE is always there answering my prayers, and helping me in a time of need. And even though i am a sinner he is still giving me unconditional love where ever i am. THe best thought of God to me, is that he never leaves you, what ever i do, if its bad or good, he is always right beside me helping and giving me strength through all of my bad choices or hard times, that is how i view God now.
    And the best moment that i have experienced the "awe" factor was on tv. I havent been on any missions trips yet, but i soon hope to get the chance, but for right now the best "awe factor" for me was on tv. And it was on discovery showing a small town in Uganda. It was showing all the premature kids, whose bones and ribs were showing so clearly, but a few seconds later it goes to a 12 year old boy whose parents were killed from an attached when he was 7, and had four younger siblings. HE had taken care of these kids by himself 5 years, and then the "awe" hit, he started praying for us. The people who had everything, the clothes, the shoes, and food to eat every meal. THis kid started praying for us, he prayed that we would see God closely and forget about all the materials, because they dont matter to God. And that is my "awe factor" that woke me up!

    ReplyDelete
  22. For me personally God is my rock. I have learned to depend on Him alone and not worldly things or people. He has my life planned out for me and even though I can't see why certain things happen a lot of the time I know that God is my creator. He forgives and loves me unconditionally. No matter what I do! I see God's love for others and me and I can't help but love Him. He is the perfect friend. Whenever I need someone to talk with and get advice He is always there. He is the only thing in my life that I know I can rely on. He is the only one that can truly catch me when I fall. God is so many things that it is sometimes hard to fathom. For me, I am in "awe" with God every single time I see a sunset. I am in awe simply because I don't see how someone could look at a beautiful sunset and not believe that there is someone greater. I love looking at sunsets and marveling at the fact that no sunset is ever the same. The small details about the Lord are what I love the most, just like a simple night sky.

    ReplyDelete
  23. To me, God is my eternal Father who loves me unconditionally and who is with me through the good and bad in my life. He knows me inside and out, and even knows me better than I know myself. It amazes me how great His plan for me is, how He placed me perfectly in the family that I’m in and in the community that surrounds me. When I think of the most impactful and memorable experiences I have had of the “awe factor” of God, I immediately think about June 27, 2009 when my grandfather on my mom’s side, (aka Papa) passed away. I had never lost anybody before that was as close to me as he was. The day he passed away, I was supposed to sing in the wedding of my aunt who was on my dad’s side of the family. My first reaction was to drop out and not sing because I didn’t think I would be able to make it through the song. As I picked up my phone to call and try and get out of singing, my phone was overloaded with texts of encouragement from all of my friends. I prayed and prayed, and I all the sudden felt this feeling of comfort. As it turned out, I sang at the wedding, and it couldn’t have gone better. Later that week, at Papa’s funeral, I experienced something that I never knew could happen. In the midst of all the tears and sadness, I was able to smile and laugh at memories and stories that we all shared of Papa. I was able to enjoy the day that I thought would be one of the saddest days of my life. It amazes me how God created us to be able to go from tears of grief and sadness, to tears of happiness and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  24. God is the ultimate element of my life. He helps me through tough and happy times. He's like that friend that you always know is there. There's always more to learn about HIm which makes for an interesting and confusing relationship. I mess up and I know He always forgives which encourages me and helps me through those hard times that no one else can help me with. He really is my rock. The "awe factor" I've had with God lately is when I was on an airplane and saw the sunset from above the clouds. It was the coolest thing ever and reminded me how all powerful and awesome God is.

    ReplyDelete
  25. To me, God is my loving father and my best friend. He is someone I can talk to and can tell anything and everything. As I've grown in my relationship with him, I see him less and less as someone who rules over me and more as someone who wants to have a personal relationship with me, someone who loves me, someone who desires my love in return. His love is unconditional; no matter what i do, say, or think, his love never changes or leaves me. He is the one constant in my life that i can always rely on, no matter what.
    One of my most recent "awe moments" with God was very different from many of the above ones. I was not in nature or anywhere spactacular; I was sitting in my room on my bed. It had been kind of a hard day and I was just sitting there for a moment, trying to wind down a little bit. My ipod was on shuffle and Hosannah by Hillsong came on. I closed my eyes and started singing along and all of the sudden I just started crying. I was thinking about how amazing He is and how he sent his only child to die for me...and in that moment it hit me and I felt His presence with me in the room. It was one of the coolest most powerful moments in my life. He came and literally met me in that moment, and all I had to do was be still.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ultimately God is beautiful in every way possible. I view Him as the most important element in my life. He has personally changed who I am every single day. I learn more and more every time I take the time to just sit down and enjoy the Bible. For the people that watched "Awe Factor", were you not just amazed that there are more than 350 BILLION galaxies that no person even knew about until these past few years? I also never even thought about my friends, and how each and every one of us has our own distinct laugh? We probably laugh everyday not even thinking about that! As Chan says, "There is an epidemic of spiritual amnesia going around, and none of us is immune. No matter how many fascinating details we learn God's creation, no matter how many pictures we see of His galaxies, and no matter how many sunsets we watch, we still forget." How is it that we forget what he has made for us so easily? We push Him and those things behind us when everything is going our way (thinking of it all as just another day), then when the goin' gets tough we have look back for help. When I watched "Just Stop and Think", I sat back and thought, wow, God is just amazing. He created every little bubble in the ocean to how many hairs each person has on their head! Like Chan said, sometimes a word is just a word, and sometimes we think of God as just another person because we can get so used to them, that we just let go and think of it as just another day or just another person. So when I think of that special "awe" moment, I think of the lake; the season is fall, with the orange, yellow, and red leaves on the millions of trees on hundreds of mountains viewing big white clouds scattered in the beautiful bright baby blue sky! That’s all I needed to feel the magnificence God has let us experience every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Up until very recently, I've thought of God as my father and redeemer. Though he is both of those things, I have started to learn that he also loves me in a way that a husband would love a wife. It seemed really weird to me at first... My God, my Savior not only loves me but is IN love with me. Sometimes I still don't understand why he does or why I deserve to be loved in the ways that he loves me, and at times I start to doubt that someone so perfect and holy could love a sinner like me. When I feel like this, I go to Him and he reassures me that He will always love me no matter what and He makes me feel at peace and I know that that feeling came from Him. I experienced the awe factor of God during the flood. I was standing in the middle of someones house with dirty water above my ankles and I just stood back for a minute to watch all of the people helping these strangers with their homes. I looked around and saw everyone being the hands and feet of Jesus and doing exactly what God created us to do. Though the flood was overwhelming and devastating, I could see God working through everyone to become closer to Him and realize that every single thing that happens in our lives-good or bad-is a part of His plan. God showed himself to me that day and I felt at peace knowing that he loves me unconditionally and has my life in His hands even when I feel lost and confused.

    ReplyDelete
  28. To me, God is my rock and foundation. During times of struggle, he is always consistent time and time again in picking me back up. When I think of God and all that he has done for me, I am encouraged by how much someone can love me despite how broken I am. This first chapter has made me realize how small and unimportant to the rest of the world I am and how big and powerful He is. With all that being said, a moment of "awe" that God opened my eyes up to was when I went to Tent City on Christmas Eve. I had been before so I knew what to expect but something about that trip really stuck with me. I saw all of the joy in those people’s faces despite the fact that they would probably be getting nothing for Christmas except the fire wood that we were bringing them. It made me realize how awesome God's creation is and how he placed everyone here on this earth for a purpose. This Christmas Eve, I experienced God's love in ways that I never thought I could like through the poverty and brokenness of the homeless.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have experiences the "awe factor" of God in many different ways that are each so special. Sometimes i feel it most when i close my eyes and worship. I get goose bumps and chills and sometimes i even begin to cry just because of the power and love of God that overwhelms me. Sometimes i experience the "awe factor" in obvious settings like missions trips or community service. A specific example is when i was in Belize last summer for a missions trip and i got to see the joy and happiness of the little kids faces over the smallest things. It is amazing to see how much faith they have and how much they love and trust in our Lord even when they live in the worst situations we can imagine. I think it is amazing how God can give us little glimpses of His presences in simple ways, obvious ways, complex ways, and its even more amazing that He plans out each time for us individually of when and how we will experience His "awe factor". I have always realized how i have always known that God is my Father, my Comforter, and my Foundation. But just recently i have realized and experienced God as a best friend. He is someone who is always there for me, loves me unconditionally, trustworthy, a listener, and every "bestfriend" quality we could ever want.

    ReplyDelete
  30. To me personally, God is my creator, friend, father, and rock. Whenever I am down, he picks me up. Also, when I am in need of love or someone to run to, I run to God. He is my comforter. Moreover, I have experienced the "awe factor" when I was in St. Louis on a mission trip. Each night we would have backyard bible clubs in the inner city and one group told us that their group was at a Muslim apartment complex. Although they could not teach about the gospel or God, they could show HIS love through Their actions. I just listened to this and was awe struck. In addition, in Crazy Love, Chan says that there are 228 distinct and separate in a caterpillars head. When I read this, I had to re-read it a couple times. That is truly amazing. Also, there are over 100 different types of bananas! That blew me away! All in all, having a God who can make a caterpillar so tiny but can make it have 228 separate muscles makes me feel comforted and lets me know that MY GOD is THE creator.

    ReplyDelete
  31. To me, God is my best friend. He is someone who will love me no matter how many mistakes I make or how much I sin. He is always there with His arms wide open ready for me to run to Him. Although I don't deserve Him, He will never stop loving me. He is my father, comforter, and almighty savior. I experienced my "awe factor" while I was in Hawaii. Looking at the blue water and gorgeous sunset I just sat and looked at it astonished. God blows my mind on how much he can do. He created the most beautiful scenery. God is absolutely awesome and amazes me everyday. Although I don't always realize it is God's great works, He still cares for me. It is hard for me to grasp the thought of how much He knows and what He is capable of. He knows everything about me and every single person in this world. Thats amazing. It also blew my mind when I read how there is 100 different types of bananas! Or that an itty bitty caterpillar has 228 muscles just in its head! God is incredible and I love how he does these acts to help us realize how awesome He really is.

    ReplyDelete
  32. This book is already one of my favorites. It’s the truth, and the real truth. It has made me so inspired and so changed. Once I read the first chapter all I could do was walk outside. I went and sat down near my mother’s flowers and I just sat there and worshiped my God. I couldn’t do anything but Praise Him. I think of God as my best friend. The best friend anyone could ask for. He is a forgiver, a comforter, a lover, and a helper. He is so much more but when I think of my Savior I think of those specific words. I think of the best times was when I was in Honduras in a missions trip last summer. I was pondering just the environment. I was observing the things around me when all of the sudden I remember looking at the beautiful flowers and tree colors of spring in Nashville. I then thought to myself, wow, the God who created all the things I see in Nashville also created this beautiful family and these hills. He created this too and I’m on the other side of the world. So once I got done reading all about God in this first chapter I simply went outside and Praised God for everything. We should do that more often I think. :)

    ReplyDelete