GOD IS LOVE. CRAZY, RELENTLESS, ALL-POWERFUL LOVE.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Chapter 2,3/ Post #2

Chan explains the "movie of life" in chapter two. He says most of us think the movie of life is about us, but in reality we are the very brief scene in HIS movie--from the time Jesus ascends to Heaven to the time we will all worship Him. So this leaves us with "two-fifths of a second to live" according to Chan. What does this mean to you and what do you want your "two-fifths of a second" to be about? (pg. 42,43)

Second question:
What would be your response to this question found in chapter 3?
"Why would a loving God force me to love Him?"


"The greatest knowledge we can ever have is knowing God treasures us." Francis Chan

July 6th post: read chapter 4,5


Love you all!!!

32 comments:

  1. I would like my "two-fifths of a second" to revolve only around HIM! I want to be completely for God and all that he is doing in my life today! I also want to reach out to others and show the love that God has shown me. I would want to respect others, and help those in need. All this to say, in my "two-fifths of a second" I would want to be as much like God as I possibly can.
    A loving God would force me to love Him because we, as sinners, think that we have life down pat. Without a loving yet forceful God, I would have no need to want him. I would believe that I could do it all on my own. Fortunately, we are blessed with a God that demands our time and love, because he gave us his time and love.
    Abby Cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wondered about this question quite a few times and I've never found the answer until now. It makes sense too. Why would a loving God threaten us with things like hell if we don't have a relationship with Him? In my opinion, it's just that he loves us that much, and wants what's best for His children. All He's doing is expressing His love towards us. But really, like Chan said, God doesn't force us to love him; it's our own choice. Also, in my "two-fifths of a second", I would spend that time loving God and thanking Him for all that He has done in my life. The greatest good on this earth is God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want my "two-fifths of a second" to be centered on God. I want to spend my time growing closer to him and sharing his love. I also would love to have His light shine through me to others and help them learn to know God too! Over all, I want that little bit of time to be all about God and how miraculous and loving He is. In addition, I think that a loving God forces me to love Him because I couldn't do it on my own. I am so full of sin that if I didn't have Him pushing me, I wouldn't think that I needed Him. That force shows me that I can't live on my own strength. The fact that God is the only one who can save me is what makes me love Him so much!
    Bekah McKerley

    ReplyDelete
  4. My "two-fifths" is all about God. Though I would like to say it has always been this way, I can't sit here and honestly tell you that. I accepted Christ at a young age and just kept going through life telling people I was a Christian, going to church, being the best I thought I could be, etc. Though I was saved, I didn't have the relationship with God that I have now. This past year has been a difficult one for me. Through many heart breaks, God showed me what it is like to feel un-wanted and not needed by someone. I was very upset with Him at first, and didn't understand why He would let this happen to me over and over... and over. After everything was over and I had time to talk to Him about everything, I realized that he was trying to show me what it feels like when His children don't cling to him and don't love Him like He needs and loves us. Since I had this life-changing realization, my relationship with God has grown so much stronger and I feel like I am truly living my life for Him. Through this, I also realized that God's love is not forced but he truly does long for us to love Him back. I don't think many people realize that He longs for us to love him as much as we truly need Him. In the book Chan says, "The irony is that while God doesn't need us but still wants us, we desperately need God but don't really want Him most of the time." I really liked this because it showed me that even in the times when I forget about God, he is still there loving me because he remains the same and loves us with a "crazy, undeserved love".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want my "two-fifths of a second" to be that no matter what I am doing it would be glorifying the Lord. I want to serve people and show them God's unconditional love through me. I want to show God's love to people and especially children (orphans) who have never felt loved by anyone. Overall I want others to see Christ in me. I want to dedicate my time and actions to reflect God.

    I think that God "forcing" us to love Him is a blessing. I agree with Bekah on the post above that I know I could not do it on my own. Some people may look at it a different way. I am thankful though to have a God that wants us to love Him so badly and be with Him eternally and want what's best for us that he would "force" me to love Him. Everyone can view it a different way, but for me personally when Chan wrote that it made me love God even more for caring about me so much he wants me to love Him that much because that is what is best for me.
    Kate Farley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Life is short so we need to make the best of it. Whether that is serving God, spreading his word, going on mission’s trips everything we do in our life should be honoring God. I want my "two-fifths of a second" to be about what God has done in my life. How he has changed me spiritually, how my relationship with him has grown and my overall view of what a Godly woman should look and act like. I don't want my "two-fifths of a second" to be about ME. I don't want it to be about what I have done to make MYSELF happy. I want the main focus to be on God. I think God forces us to love him because he knows what is the best for us. He knows that if we have a relationship with him and trust and honor him we will be better off. He wants to have the kind of relationship that a mom has to her daughter or a dad to his son.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want "two fifths of a second" to be a time of silence. A time where I am distraction-free and am completely and totally focused on God our Father. A time to thank God for everything that He has done and how He has blessed each and every one of us in distinct ways. I want my "two fifths" to be a time that I do not take for granted. In this time i want to realize that I need God at all times, good and bad. That the bad times and circumstances in my life are all part of His distinct plan and i have no reason to be weary or doubt what my Father has planned out for my life. When people ask why God forces them to love Him by response is that he longs and cares for us so much and He wants us to love him so that we can experience a relationship with us. He wants the best for us and He wants us to have a firm and solid foundation through HIm, and that comes from us loving Him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay so as for my "two-fifths of a second" in the movie of life, I obviously want it to be about God. More than that though, I really feel that my 2/5 should be about serving others because thats when I feel the closest to God. It kinda goes along with your gifts I think, like your 2/5 of a second should be about glorifying God in what you love to do. For the question about "why would a loving God force you to love him?" I don't think he would. He doesn't force us but instead gives us a choice to love him and work on our relationship with him. Sometimes I wish he would just force me because I feel like that would take a lot of the "work" out of my relationship with him. Then I remember that a relationship with work put into it is 100x better than a relationship thats all for show.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was recently talking to some friends about how we wanted to look back on our lives. We all agreed that we want a life we can remember and be able to be proud of the things we did. I feel like this is what I want my two-fifths to be about. Obviously, I want to look back on my life and not be ashamed of the things I've done...but I realize that many things I've done wouldn't shame me but would hurt God my Father. Therefore, I want my two-fifths of a second to be remembered as pleasing and acceptable in God's eyes. I want to go through my life as a "living sacrifice" (Romans 12:1) before God and honor Him in all I do. I want my life to be filled with serving others and serving God.

    As for the question, "Why would a loving God force me to love him?", I totally agree with AnnaKristen's post as it says that he definatly doesn't force us to love Him, but he longs for our love and that constant companionship. Our relationship with God is not just something where one person has to make all of the effort. It has to be a teamwork mentality, just like with a best friend. The only difference is that God is ALWAYS there for us, just waiting for us to love him as much as he loves us. I believe he patiently waits, sometimes urges, but never forces us to love him.
    ~Kathryn Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would want my two-fifths of a second focused on God and Him alone! Sure, I could be in that second but I would want to be doing something that either glorifies God's holiness or displays what HE has done for me. All I want to do is display HIM.
    Moreover, for the question "Why would a loving God force me to love him?", I don't think that God forces us to love him. I know that I do not feel forced to love him, I long to love him and he longs to love us. Also, like Elise said, sometimes I do wished he forced us to love him but then I remember that a relationship needs to be strong and also, the relationship needs to be worked at so that it is not just there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would want my two-fifths of a second to be something I'm proud of, not something I'd regret. If all i have is two-fifths of a second i want to make it worth wild and not just a waste of time. I'd love to be doing something that makes a difference in this world and I want to be making that difference with the help of God, so i could truly glorify Him. In the end there is something bigger and better than just living on this earth. We shouldn't spend time worrying about little things because sooner than we think we will be spending eternity in heaven and school drama won't even be on our minds. So we need to make the most of our time on this earth doing good and spreading the love of God's word because that truly will matter later on in life.

    I pondered the second question for a while but have come to a conclusion. First of all, yes God is forceful when it comes to Him wanting us to love Him but he is forceful in a kind and gentle way. He is the push we need to really get close to him but doesn't strike us and command that we must love him! He tells us that if we love Him we will live life so much richer and be living with a purpose. God uses gentle techniques to show his love but in the end He only wants the best for us, so when he becomes forceful its out of love not hate. I compare it to when our parents sometimes tell us to do something and we don't like it but after the tension wears down and we look back on the situation we realize that they only had the best interest for us and did it out of love. God only has the best interest in us and we should be thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "two-fifths of a second" in Gods movie I want to be a light. What a mean is that i am a person that you can see God in. I don't just want to love God I want to be like God to other. I want to show God love to other. I want to live for God! I know that it is easy to say but hard to do, but that is what i hope my "two-fifths of a second" in Gods movie is.
    "Why would a loving God force me to love Him?" I don't really like the part about force because God love me so much that he give me the choice to love him or not! I think that he desire use. so he throws him self at use. He goes out of his way to show us his love but he dose not force us to. We have the choice to or not. That is what is so wonderful about it because with that choice if we decide to love him then we have a relationship with him. I know that I am not happen when some one force me to do thing, if I was force I would not love him as much as I do now. that is why I think he desire use not force us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want my two-fifths of a second to be about God and how I serve Him and bring people and glory to His name. He is the reason that I am here and He gave me my 2/5 so I need to use those to 2/5 to glorify Him. That is what He has called us to do and I try to live that out every single day.
    God is a loving Father who does not force us to love Him, but in order to get to Heaven and live with Him forever we need a slow burn passion and love for Him. So I don't think that He has forced us to love Him, but that is what He hopes for us to do. Just like our parents don't force us to love them, but they hope we will so that life will be the best it can be for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I want my two-fifths of a second to not only focus on but also exemplify God. I want to be an example of God's love to those around me and show them His promises. This life, although it seems like we have so much time, is so short. Why not live whatever we have left for the almighty God? I want to spend it helping others understand and know God on a more personal level. As Christians, we are called to pull up those around us and treat them with a Christ-like love. This is what I want my two-fifths to be about. I’m focusing my life on building the kingdom of heaven for the Lord, because in the end, that's all that will matter.

    The question, "Why would a loving God force me to love Him?" is one that I have personally thought about for years. After having almost an angry reaction to all of my conclusions, I then wondered if I was simply looking at the question in the wrong way. I don't think God is necessarily forcing us to love Him. I think He graciously gives us the freedom to love Him that we do not deserve in the first place. After betraying Him over and over again, rejecting His infinite love, other questions also arise in God’s defense. Why should an almighty God love hateful, bitter, ungrateful sinners? We don’t deserve anything from Him and never will, yet He consumes us daily in His unconditional love. He calls us His sons and daughters and gave His only Son for us. Why would a loving God force me to love Him? Well, why wouldn’t you love an unfailing Father who was so full of grace and love that He chases you, even when you turn from Him in defiance?

    - Grace Bomar

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would want my "two-fifths of a second" to be ALL about God. I would want to be loving God at all times and obeying all of his commands. I would not need to get distracted by others by just to focusing on our Lord. I would like to show others the right example to follow. God died for us so I think I should live through him. Why would a loving God force me to love Him? I have thought about this for a couple years and I have finally come to the conclusion that God does force us to love him because he knows we will be no one without him and that we need him to help us day and night. He loves every single person even if they do not love them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. When I see that I have two-fifths of a second in God’s movie it makes me realize that my life is short. I do not have long to live life on this world. But the time that I do live, I want to be a servant for God. I want to live for him and glorify him by doing whatever he calls me to do. Therefore I need to keep my ears open so that I can listen to what he calls me to do.

    And after thinking about the second question, I think God knows that we need a relationship with him, so he forces us to love him. And as Bekah said we cannot do everything on our own because we are all sinners, and none of us are perfect. And when he forces us to love him we know we have to depend on him. We realize that we have to trust in him and through trust we learn to love and want Jesus even more. And like Abby said with out the force, I would not want to love.

    ReplyDelete
  17. As for me, I want my "two-fifths of a second" to be centered around GOD and striving to be like him. Like Elise, I always feel closest to God when I'm serving those around me, so I would want mine to be about serving those around me and glorifying the one who created me to the best of my ability.

    For the second question, "why would a loving God force us to love him?", God is so amazing, powerful, and loving that's it's easier to look at it as "why WOULDN'T you love a God so awesome" rather than "why does he force us to". However, like Mallory said, God can see our hearts and knows that without him, we have nothing, so he forces us to love him, enabling him to use us as tools and work through us.

    -Grace Mayernick

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would like people to look at my "two-fifths of a second" and be able to see how much I truly love God. It would be the greatest accomplishment in the world to serve God to the best of my abilities and to love others with the love that God shows to me everyday. My wish for my two-fifths of a second would be that I would be portrayed as a character who was very close with the main character (being God) and also as a character that served Him well and loved Him with her whole heart not just part of her heart.

    I think that a loving God would force us to love him because he knows that it is what is best for us and he wants our undivided attention. Our parents punish us because they know that it is what is best for us just like God tells us that we need to love and respect Him because it is also what is best for us. God knows that loving him will benefit us and by loving Him and seeing his love, we will spread His love to others around us. Like Grace said, we should want to love Him, not feel forced to because we should be able to realize that loving Him is what's best for us.

    ReplyDelete
  19. After thinking about what I want my 2/5 of a second to be about, I have come to realize that God most likely wants something different for me in that 2/5 of a second then my ideal 2/5 of a second. Me, along with most others, want to live a life where we are accepted, loved, and have an automatic happy life where we get what we want. However, after thinking about this, I want to turn it around and make it a life trying to fullfil God's purpose for me and living life for him, not for me.

    As for the second question, I know that God forces me to love him because he knows what's best for me, and he definitely wants what's best for me. He knows that if I love the world more than him and follow the world's ways instead of his, I will be lead down the wrong path. However, if I am loving God throughout life, I will be lead down the right direction, right to him in Heaven.
    ~Lindsay Curtis~

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want my "two fifths of a second" to be about nothing else but God; however this is not as easy for me to act out as it is to say. Ever since I was little I loved the outdoors and sports, i was a very energetic kid that had to always be doing something. But as the years have gone by I have focused in on basketball and focused too much on basketball and sports that it has drawn me away from my relationship with God. The end of my sophomore year and the start of the summer has been hard but good for me. I have learned to cling to God and not sports to find myself and love. I now want to surround myself with God and his presence, by constantly talking to Him to figure out what it is He wants me to become. I want to spend my two fifths of a second loving God and his creation, caring and taking care of them as he created me to do. I'd want to do this by getting out, outside and out of my comfort zone. What stuck out to me in these chapters is when Chan says, "The best things in life are gifts from the One who steadfastly loves us." I want to believe this in my heart and live it out. I want to be loved not for my money, looks, family, car, job, or anything other than myself. I've come to realize that this is what God wants too. He doesn't want us to love Him just because of His blessings or gifts He gives us, He wants us to love Him for Him. For His unconditional love, all-powerful and all knowing self. This might seem like He is forcing us to love Him by wanting these things but He isn't. It's just that we are too ignorant to see for ourselves how amazing God is, and God is having to throw Himself at us and put things in our lives so that we come to Him with our arms wide open, longing for His love. It may seem like He is forcing us but He is simply trying to draw us closer to Him.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joy, Love, Hope, Serving: this is what I want for my two fifths of a second to be about. The fact that we are only two fifths of a second in the giant movie of life doesn't anger or worry me, it inspires and encourages me. I only have a blink to prove who I am and whether or not I love Jesus with all of my heart, soul, mind, and strength. This is a challenge, and I must take it. In my life,I must share the gospel with as many people as I can and spread the kingdom of God. I must always have joy in my life and never worry or be afraid, and also, I must have love, I must love God first, others second, and then myself.

    God is so loving, kind, compassionate, merciful, just, the list goes on. He doesn't need to force us to love him because if anyone reads his word and understands who he truly is, then they will be thirsty for Jesus and love him with their whole heart. Jesus doesn't threaten us with hell, he is warning us. We must love him if we don't want to be sent there because that is just the way it is. Jesus is just telling us the truth so that we may be ready for judgment day and not have to experience eternal separation from him. Jesus loves us always, and we need to love him back.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I would like for my two fifths of a second to be wholly about Jesus, but that is MUCH easier said than done. I would like for my thoughts, actions, words, etc. to be completely centered on Him, and that is what I am working towards in my life. However, it is so very easy to fall back into the habit of worrying about my own personal problems that get in the way of seeing the big picture. I can't solve those things on my own anyway, so it's pointless for me to worry about them so much. What I need to do is realize that God has it all under control and release all of those worries and troubles into His hands, because He is ready and willing to take them all for me. I was not meant to carry those burdens on my own, so for me to try to do that is just stupid sinful me trying to take control of my own life (which really isn't even mine!). If I focused my ENTIRE two fifths of a second on Jesus, it would save me so much unnecessary worry and frustration, which God didn't intend for me to experience anyway. For the second question, I agree with Chan. God does not force us to love Him; He simply tremendously desires our love. He truly is the greatest good EVER, so his wanting us to love him shows his amazing love for us. It is so crazy to me that a perfect, holy, amazing God would want such a deep personal relationship with me; it is an overwhelming realization.

    ReplyDelete
  23. During my two fifths of a second, I want to be focusing completely and thoroughly on God alone. Because I would be entirely free of worldly distractions, I then would be capable of praising, loving and thanking God to the fullest. Every day there are countless things that distract me from the only One who matters (friends, family, television, school, stress, etc). If I could spend my two fifths of a second free of ALL distractions, then it would be possible to truly meditate on the presence of God and His perfect love. I have desired the chance to experience this kind of perfect focus for a long time, and after reading Chan’s words, I feel confident that through Christ and spiritual growth, it will be possible one day.

    To answer the second question, I do not think that God forces humanity to love Him, in fact he doesn’t truly force us to do anything (and that is why sin is present in this world). However, he does deeply want us to love Him because he loves us. In other words, God knows that following and loving Him is the best thing for us. Therefore, God “forces” us to love Him because, when you are truly in love with someone, you want whatever is best for them.
    Sydney Pashley

    ReplyDelete
  24. In a perfect world, my "two-fifths of a second" would revolve around God. But, this book has opened my eyes to see that really my sin gets in the way. I would like to be completely free of sin and not to be held back by anything. I want to be able to sing to God and to praise him completely without worrying about dying or worrying about being judged by the world which really doesn't matter. I would love to completely meditate on God and how AWESOME he is, I would want to love him a little bit like the way He loves me. I would want to find the gifts He gave me before I was born and use them for HIS glory and not for my own. I would want to realize how insignificant i truly am and then I would be able to see the true purpose of my life which is to glorify Him.
    If you really loved someone a lot and you wanted more than anything for them to love you back wouldn't you do everything in your power to get them to love you? What if that person loving you would keep them from hell. I feel like that's the way God feels on a regular basis. If he loves us so much He's going to want to do everything in His power for us to love Him back no matter what it takes. He isn't necessarily forcing us to love Him. He just loves us so incredibly that He wants that love to be returned so we can spend eternity with Him. God giving us almost a punishment for not loving Him is Him showing us how incredibly and fearsome He is so that maybe we can open our eyes and see that loving Him is in our best interest.
    ~Jessica Clarke

    ReplyDelete
  25. The two fifths of a second is an honor to me. Personally, I can not imagine what forever feels like. Everyone knows that God has been around forever! But what forever feels like is what people don’t know. Two fifths of a second is just a grain of sand compared to God’s ocean. There are not enough words to describe forever, because if there were then people would be able to relate. There is not one person who can relate to forever when it comes to God, and it is awesome to think that I am going to get a piece of His forever. Honestly, I would want my two fifths of a second to be about how I have honored God in my life. It sounds selfish, but when you think about it, everything that we will be looking back on, will be about Him. Everyday, I try to remember to live according to God, but it is very difficult. Satan is at work everyday! He tries to kill and destroy God’s incredible works! I want my two fifths of a second to be only me and God. No one else is involved, because no one else knows how many hairs I have on my head. No one else knows me more than God.

    Just like a parent towards their child, God loves us. Because He loves us, he would want us to love Him back. This is simple, however we make it out to be almost impossible. We carry out our days forgetting to honor the creator. 1 John 4:7-11 says how we should love God because He is the one who made us and He is the only one who deserves credit. If we want to go to Heaven then we need to start living for the Lord.

    ~Presley Russell~

    ReplyDelete
  26. I want my "two-fifths of s second" to be my quite time wIth no distractions; just me and my bible, and God in my heart. Whenever i think about the "two-fifths of a second" it also reminds me of how life is too short just like mallory said. I also believe that my two-fifths of a second is different from Gods two-fifths of second for me. This book reminds me of how awesome God is to us and how we the people dont strive hard enough to understand Gods word and how we dont strive enough to be Gods children.
    And for the second question, i dont believe that God is forcing us to love him. I think he is God because he is there for us whenever we need him, and even when we dont he is still there, and even for the people who have not yet explored Gods word.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I would like my “two-fifths of a second” to be remembered by everyone for being a humble servant. I hope that after people see the clip of the movie I am in, they will look back and think that girl loves God so much. I want to serve people and they see the light through my actions, and I want to encourage others to do the same so that hopefully their “two-fifths of a second” will have the same effect on others. I don’t care how big or small my part would be in His movie, as long as He is satisfied.

    A loving God would force me to love Him because He adores me so much to care for me. The chances are, that if God did not force me to love Him, I would be all alone and lost. I believe that before God, I was such a looser and so broken that I wouldn’t have chosen Him on my own. God loves me so much though, that he did choose me so I don’t have to be lonely and in a dark place anymore. I am such a selfish person that I would not have been able to see the good in Him, but He loved me no matter how selfish I am and made me His own!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I would my “two-fifths of a second” to be that like Chan said see only the back of my head in a big crowd. I did not want it to have anything to do with me and I would not want anyone to know it me either. All I would want for them to be forces on God and nothing else. Even though all you see is my head that would be enough for me because I get to be in a movie all about God.
    “"Why would a loving God force me to love Him?" I like this quote because it shows how much love God has for us. He forces his love on us that mean He cares enough about us to do that. And forcing someone to Love something take time and effort. If he did nothing how could anyone love him? For example God is stretch out his hand from us but if he were not trying there would be not hand. He care some much about us that he created Haven. But remember he did not create hell.

    ReplyDelete
  29. My two-fifths of a second to live would revolve around me living the life I should be living now. A life where everything I do is uplifting and glorifying of God. I would want my two fifths to be a time where I gave back to God for once. I would show him my appreciation for all He has done for me, I would show Him the love that he deserves from me, and I would love others for who they are, appreciating their gifts and the image that they were made in. In this two fifths I would have no worries like Chan talks about on pg. 42, because I would be fully trusting in God’s plan for me. Any stress that I have in my life today would be absent. I would be too awestruck with God to even begin to worry about any stress or reasons to question Him.

    God “forcing” me to love Him is no punishment like non-believers would interpret. It’s simply God’s calling on my life, or his longing for me as a daughter who loves Him back. As sinful humans, we are so stubborn, seeking after our own plans and caught up in our own desires. We need that “force” from God to call us to love Him. And it’s that “crazy love” that fulfills our hearts desires better than anything of this world.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Of course I would like for my "two-fifths of a second" in God's movie to be all about Him. But I would also like it to be about my relationship with Him and praising Him for all He has done for me. I want to glorify Him in ALL that I do. I just want to focus on Him and share with others what He can do. I sat for a while and thought about the next question: "Why would a loving God force me to love Him?" God does not force us to love Him, He has given us the option. It is a chance He gives us that we don't deserve. He wants us to love him unconditionally just as He loves us. This can confuse people and make them want to not love him at all. But we as people have to realize it's amazing God even wants us to love him. He loves us so much even though we are ungrateful sinners.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really liked this chapter a lot. At first i was scared of reading it just by the name of the chapter, but once i finished it i really enjoyed what it said. I would like my "two-fifths of a second" to revolve only around HIM! I want to be completely for God and all that he is doing in my life today! A loving God would force me to love Him because He adores me so much to care for me. The chances are, that if God did not force me to love Him, I would be alone and lost. I believe that before God, I was such a sinner and so broken that I wouldn’t have chosen Him on my own. God loves me so much though, that he did choose me so I don’t have to be lonely and in a dark place anymore. His love for us makes me stand back in awe... once again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  32. My "two fifths of a second" has nothing to do with me, but the one who surrounds us with everlasting love and so many blessings. Everything I do should be glorifying God in some type of way, but sometimes that just doesn't happen with my so called "schedule". Every day I'm striving to be more and more influential to others around me, starting with small things like stopping someone when they're gossiping or helping someone with a homework question. Any good deed can change not only your life, but others too. So I want my two fifths of a second to be glorifying Him every day, whether its singing, helping others, or even going to school because He deserves every bit of worship that I have to give. The next question is something that I had to sit and think about, then I realized that God doesn't "force" us to do anything. We have a choice to believe in Him and to worship Him and to KNOW that He is there with us every step of the way. I think that faith is what we have to have to know that He is there and that He is God, the one who created everything and who loves us unconditionally no matter what.

    ReplyDelete